Honesty, Integrity, and a Passion to Serve
What is an Undersheriff?
An Undersheriff, sometimes known as the chief deputy sheriff, is the person second in charge of a sheriff’s office. The role of the Undersheriff is to support the Sheriff in protecting and preserving constitutional liberties within a county.
About Mark Mitchell
Mark Mitchell is a lifelong Colorado resident who demonstrates a passion to serve the community. As a Retired Patrol Division Captain with 29-years of law enforcement experience in the Adams County Sheriff’s Office, Mark holds the critical thinking, problem solving, and training skills needed to excel in challenging roles.
Throughout his career, Mark has:
- Overseen, directed and managed the daily operations, administration and supervisory duties associated with the overall direction of the Patrol Division.
- Supervised and reviewed 125 employees assigned to eleven different units within the division.
- Optimized patrol operations and fostered community outreach.
- Developed and maintained strong working relationships with members of the legal community, other law enforcement agencies, and outside vendors.
- Developed and Implemented Jail Division K-9 programs.
- Served as a Deputy, Sergeant and Lieutenant in the Patrol and Jail Divisions.